1. Do I get to keep the yard signs? No, we're a yard sign rental service. Signs are delivered, installed and picked up. The inventory is re-used.
2. Can you deliver and set up a sign at a specific time? Most likely yes, My main goal is to help a client surprise their honouree... so install times are flexible however extra fee's may be charged if outside my typically delivery time.
3. Can I pick what colours the sign will be and the speciality graphics? Yes, feel free to include your preferences in the booking request process. First come first serve. Most people leave it up to me...as I know my inventory best and know what colours go well together.
4. Can I pick up the signs and do it myself? No, installs and pick ups are always done by Surprise Garden Greetings. If you live outside of our service area...feel free to email us for a quote. We always try to accommodate special requests
5. What if I need to cancel my booking? If you must cancel your booking you need to email email@example.com as soon as possible. If you cancel the day of, you must receive a response from me before the booking is considered cancelled (phone or text to reach me faster than email). You can choose to receive 1/2 of your booking rate as a refund, or you may leave the full amount on credit for a future booking date, based on our availability.
6. What if they signs get damaged or stolen? You will be invoiced for missing or damaged lawn display items. Statistically it is a low risk.
7. What if I don't have grass? Grass is essential to installing the metal stakes. I cannot install on river rock, artificial turf or gravel. *hint, if you can insert a 6" screwdriver in the ground, I should be able to insert my signs* Stands are available on request/reserved $$.
8. Can I install a sign in a public location? Typically No, unless you have written permission from the local city council. Installs are done on private property with the permission or the assumption that permission would be granted.
9. I am surprising my partner and don't want them to see the charge on the credit card, can I pay afterwards? No, invoices must be paid prior to the day of the booking. We accept e-transfer as an option.
10. What if I want the sign facing the house or in the backyard? Yes, it is possible to put the yard card anywhere you like. When you make the booking request, please be as specific as possible. Feel free to send a photo of the location or instructions. Please keep in mind that written instructions are still subjective (ex.. to the left of the driveway is not specific enough). Instead put "if you are facing the house, to the left of the driveway". Please note that if you want a surprise back yard set up, it is best if someone in the house knows about the sign in advance.
11. Can I move the lawn signs myself? No, please do not move the signs. Please phone me to discuss. Please note that when I install the sign I will always follow the clients instructions if provided. If no specific instructions are provided I will make a judgement call of where to place the signs.
12. How much space do I need & how big is each letter? Ideally you would want a minimum of 8-10 feet. Each letter is approx 1.5 foot wide and 2 feet high. I may have to shorten a phrase if space doesn't permit. Example "HAPPY 12th BDAY LEANNE", "HAPPY 10TH LEANNE", "CONGRATS". If your worried about the space, I can always take a look on google maps or send me a picture and I can advise on what I think would work best.
13. How do I figure out what the travel fee will be? For a specific quote, please submit a booking request.
14.How far in advance should I book? Bookings are taken on a first come first service bases. Ideally 1-2 weeks, although 1-3 days notice is usually doable. With the exception of graduation season. There is a same day booking fee of $25.00
15. Will the signs get damaged from rain & snow? No, the signs are all weather in regards to rain and snow. We cannot make deliveries during severe wind storms or lightening storms and we will attempt to reschedule or offer a refund. It is a possibility of the ground being frozen during winter months and the stakes cannot be inserted in to the soil. We may offer wooden stands for situations like this.
16. What is the best way to contact Surprise Garden Greetings? Email is best for all booking details and non urgent communication. Please text or phone for urgent time sensitive matters. Text or phone: 778-866-7798
17. Can you install at Care Homes during Covid? Yes, if the staff at the Care Home have agreed to the install. Ideally, a setup and take-down time are pre-arranged.
Tips and Comments!
*When describing the yard, use left and right from the perspective of standing in front of the house.
*If you are having a drive-by birthday parade, please let me know the time. Just in case.
*Adding your own Garden Spot lights to the grass greeting can be an excellent addition.
*Make sure you check the invoice for key points of information #1. Address, #2.Spelling , #3. Date. If any of these items are incorrect the greeting can be spoiled.
*If you want the greeting facing the house, you must specify.